The NEW 2015 Dakar Collection
Looking for the perfect Christmas gift? The Dakar 2015 clothing collection is available to buy online now and includes ladies, mens and children’s T’s, vests and hoodies with the official Dakar branding.
We’re loving the new designs in Touratech UK HQ!
> Click here to view the new collection
The countdown is on to Dakar 2015 which will see entrants cross three countries: Argentina, Chile, Bolivia. We’d like to wish Welsh Entrants Llewelyn & Simon Pavey the very best of luck!
23-year-old Llewelyn Pavey is set to make his Dakar debut alongside dad Simon — an old dream come true for these two Aussies living in Wales.
For the Paveys, the Dakar is a beautiful shared story, and they are now ready to write a new chapter. Dad Simon has been a regular in the motorcycle category since 1998, but his tenth participation will be different because he will be right behind his son on the start line in Buenos Aires: “We’ve wanted to do the Dakar together for a long time and now it’s going to happen. I’m all fired up because I really enjoy riding with my son, seeing him improve and gain confidence.”Llewelyn, the little kid who was there to see Dad get his first taste of the Dakar in Versailles 17 years ago, grew up with motorcycles and has always breathed the atmosphere of rallies. After helping his father prepare the various motorcycles he has ridden, he followed the race from the margins in 2013. Now that he has become an accomplished rider, the time has come for him to tackle the rally of his dreams: “I think I can do it, especially since only 450 cc bikes can compete now. At any rate, it’ll be quite something to be there riding together. He’s not just my dad, he’s also my best friend.”
Follow the Dakar on twitter: @Dakar
DriRide™ is the adventure motorcycling industry’s first truly breathable seat.
It works with the rider’s gear to wick moisture away from the body, bringing dramatic improvements in rider comfort. DriRide™ Breathable Seat Technology, was developed by Touratech for riders in the Dakar Rally with the goal of making them more comfortable in hot conditions and over long distances. The results were so amazing, the company decided to make this technology available to the adventure touring community.
DriRide™ works in three ways:
1) Vapor-Flow™ Membrane Technology allows moisture vapor to pass through your riding gear, through the seat fabric into the seat membrane where it’s expelled through the side of the seat.
2) Rain-Block™ Waterproof Seat Fabric forces water droplets to bead up and roll away. It’s completely waterproof!
3) Ergo-Response™ Long Distance Foam is designed to keep you upright, stable and evenly supported.
The longer you ride, the better it feels! It is always exciting when technology catches up with human need. When that happens you have a ‘game changer’ and that is what Touratech brings you with DriRide™ Breathable Seat Technology. DriRide™ Breathable Seats are available for many motorcycles, in various heights and also in passenger models.
Touratech Suspension for Adventure Motorcycle Touring
When do I need a Touratech suspension?
- Do you travel a lot on your motorcycle?
- Do you want to transform your motorbike into a completely new riding machine?
- Do you often ride with a pillion passenger?
- Do you often carry luggage?
- Are you looking for refined technology with advanced functionality and durability?
How do I benefit from a Touratech suspension system?
- We transform your motorcycle into the best possible touring bike
- Maximum ride dynamics for total enjoyment
- Unique Touratech suspension setup for your motorbike
- Enhanced ride comfort and more sensitive response than standard suspension
- Touratech suspension shocks are fully serviceable for a long lifespan
Unique features of Touratech suspensions shock absorbers:
- Made for adventure and touring bikes
- Built for hard use and heavy loads
- Supplied with special Touratech setup for each respective motorbike
- Top performance on and offroad
- highest quality materials for long life
- Uniquely solid Touratech hydraulic spring preload with 50% greater adjustment range
- For weekend trips riding with a passenger and/or a long tour with lots of luggage
- Precise, high performance damping even with very high damping frequency (bad roads, dirt tracks)
Need some advice or assistance with suspension, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01639 841765
Fancy winning a pair of tickets to Motorcycle Live 2014?
Motorcycle Live 2014 will open its doors in Birmingham’s NEC on Saturday 22nd November and we’ve got one pair of tickets up for grabs valid for admission on any day of the show ( 22nd-30th Nov 2014). Closing date for entries is 9am, Thurs 20th Nov and the winner will be announced just after.
**COMPETITION NOW CLOSED**
Congratulations to Mark Hailwood…tickets are on their way to you!
Plug & Travel Shock for the R1200GS ADV
Nov 10, 2014
If you own a water-cooled BMW R1200GS Adventure, Touratech Plug & Travel DDA shocks are finally available for your bike! These high-performance, semi-active shocks are fully compatible with the BMW’s complex computer system. You won’t have to worry about splicing wires or error codes.
What is the Africa Twin?
Built in homage to the giant desert racers of the Paris-Dakar Rally, the Honda Africa Twin is a large, adventure bike, powered by a softly tuned V-Twin engine. In the late eighties and early nineties the Africa Twin was the hallmark of the long-distance rally bike.
Last week Touratech unveiled the new Aventuro Carbon Helmet at Intermot. Since then, the excitement has been building and the questions have been streaming in. Riders across the UK want to know more about this tough, comfortable and ultra-light piece of equipment and they want to know when they can get it.
Aventuro Carbon will be available in early 2015.
Since last month’s 2014 BMW Motorrad GS Trophy in the Candadian Rockies, one question that the Touratech customer service team has been asked a lot is, “What Touratech parts were on the Water-Cooled R1200GS’s in the race?” The graphic below answers all of those questions.
While there is no shortage of helmet options in the market, there are surprisingly few good choices for the ADV touring crowd. Some of the most popular ADV models are quite heavy, have excessive wind noise and are limited to just one configuration. Because of these limitations, Touratech has set out to make the ultimate helmet for adventure touring.